A huge part of the Easter long weekend is the food. From indulging in tasty seafood on Good Friday to ending up in a chocolate coma come Sunday arvo, there is no shortage of delicious dishes to enjoy during Easter. Here, we’re serving up some of our favourite Easter recipes for you to try this long weekend. Hop to it!
Good Friday seafood dinner
- Moreton Bay bug rolls – a Queensland classic!
- Fresh coleslaw – dare we say, better than your local fish and chip shop?
- Greek baked cod – because who better than the Greeks to
Saturday breakfast in bed
- Cookie dough overnight oats – no heat or chopping means the kids can make it for you!
- French toast – the recipe to convert French toast haters
- Strawberry banana smoothie – easy, delicious and long weekend approved!
Easter Sunday lunch recipes
- Garlic parmesan green beans – can’t be too healthy!
- Fish pie – Why save all the seafood fun for Good Friday?
- Lemon blueberry trifle – if you need a small break from all the chocolate
Easter Monday chocolate recipes (use it up)
- Chocolate bark – so easy, so versatile, so delicious
- Easter Egg cupcakes – because who doesn’t want to bite into a cupcake and find an Easter Egg?
- Chocolate fondue – just melt them all up and go for gold!